Optimizing Maternity Leave: A Road Map to Post-Pregnancy Recovery
The #1 complication from pregnancy is recovery. Maternity leave alone does not guarantee the return of a productive employee. Provide your employees with vital knowledge and information needed to manage a post-baby diet, personal care and activities, to ensure a strong, healthy balance recovery. The sooner maternity recovery is managed, the sooner and more sound is the recovery.
Expectation of an employee returning from a maternity leave:
1. Employee returns productive and functioning at the same level as when they left.
Reality: An extended, paid maternity leave does not guarantee:
1. The employee will return.
2. The employee will return at the same productive level as previously.
3. The employee will not experience postpartum emotional feelings impacting job performance.
Why is maternity leave alone NOT sufficient?
1. Women in the U.S. delay managing their recovery until after the 6-week medical exam or Phase I, because this is the cultural norm.
2. The critical Phase 1 – 0 to 6 weeks “healing window of opportunity” is not understood nor is Phase II – 6 weeks and beyond.
3. Specific maternity recovery guidelines or proven recovery programs focusing on after birth diet and personal care that exist in other countries do not exist in the United States.
This workshop teaches globally-proven maternity recovery practices that will:
1. Improve the existing maternity leave program by providing your employee with vital knowledge and information needed to manage a post-baby diet, personal care and activities, to ensure a strong, healthy balance recovery ensues.
2. Maximizes maternity leave as mothers are able to minimized their recovery time, improving the quality time with their new born before returning to work.
3. Speeds up the healing process, aiding your employee to physically heal faster and stronger which positively impacts the body’s ability to re-balance the hormonal level.
4. Increase the likely hood of your employee returning to work after maternity leave.
The sooner maternity recovery is managed, the sooner and more sound the recovery.
Book Valerie Lynn as a speaker for your next event.
Contact ConnectRoot ~call us at 732-619-4506 or e-mail us at Kelly@ConnectRoot.com